Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
We are currently seeking a Senior Underground Transmission Line Engineer. A Senior Transmission Line Engineer performs various engineering assignments which requires a general familiarity with a broad field of engineering. Must be able to solve problems by use of combinations of industry standards and modified industry standard procedures, or methods developed in previous assignments. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervising groups of professionals and non-professionals or small groups of specialized engineers in the Power sector to execute both large and small projects.
- Prepare and/or review engineering deliverables for underground transmission lines.
- Prepare and/or review material lists, construction details, drawings and diagrams.
- Prepare and/or review of procurement activities and deliverables.
- Prepare purchase requisition, review technical content of supplier bids and technical submissions.
- Mentor and provide technical support to team members.
- Liaise with other discipline leads, project managers, vendors, contractors and clients to facilitate smooth flow of information for use in preparing preliminary and detailed design and provide design clarifications and solutions during construction.
- The ability to document and track project tasks and related design documents is required (strong organizational skills).
- Complete constructability review of design packages.
- Perform any required inspections as necessary for procurement of material.
- Monitor and maintain the project schedule and budgets within your area of responsibility and report status on a regular basis
- University Degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of related engineering experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of underground transmission lines with operating voltages not less than 115 kV
- Familiarity with trenchless technologies such as horizontal directional drilling and microtunnelling
- Consulting engineering experience is an asset
- Must have strong computer skills (familiarity with AutoCAD, MS Office, and transmission line design software PLS-CADD
- Strong leadership and communication skills are required. Candidate must effectively work as part of the multidiscipline design team and provide leadership and guidance to the team.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the United States is mandatory
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in the US. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational and security) and professional reference checks is required. Some Tetra Tech positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
As this position may be serving clients that have COVID-19 vaccination requirements for site access, we will be confirming your eligibility to comply with this requirement.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website