Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The selected applicant will perform field surveys of historic resources, prepare Section 106 documentation including Historic Resources Survey Reports and Assessment of Effects documents, and coordinate with state and federal resource agencies. In addition, the applicant will work as part of a team of environmental professionals to prepare various National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) environmental documents, coordinate environmental resource studies, and resolve issues for a variety of projects
Experience should include historic resource identification, Section 106 documentation, NEPA and Puerto Rico Environmental Policies, document preparation, and independent technical report writing. The Historian will work with internal staff as well as SHPO to consult to avoid/minimize impacts to identified NRHP-eligible resources.
Duties includes research data, writing architectural descriptions, evaluating resources for NRHP eligibility, and preparing technical reports.
- Minimum BA or BS in Historic Preservation, Cultural Resource Management, Public History, or a closely related field.
- Meet the Secretary of the Interior's Qualification Standards as an Historian and/or Architectural Historian.
- Have familiarity the National Historic Preservation Act (including Section 106), the National Environmental Policy Act, and requirements of other Federal regulatory agencies such as the FHWA, USACE, DOE, EPA, BLM, etc.
- Have 3 years of experience conducting historic-age architecture structure age and surveys for regulatory compliance (including data fathering and photography).
- Have strong writing skills and experience composing architectural descriptions and historic contexts for survey reports and preservation planning documents.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS Online, Microsoft Office 365, and Adobe Acrobat preferred.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 105 TDR
Apply on company website