Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Solid Waste & Recycling Specialist candidates for the CCBO program. This position will be based in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Position Description/Summary: On August 28, 2019, Tetra Tech was awarded the Clean Cities, Blue Ocean (CCBO) program, a five-year, $48 million contract from the USAID Bureau of Economic Growth, Education, and Environment's Office of Land and Urban. CCBO is the Agency's flagship program to respond to the global crisis of marine plastic pollution, designed to target marine plastics pollution directly at its source in cities and towns, specifically in rapidly urbanizing areas throughout many low- and middle-income countries. Under direction from USAID's Office of Land and Urban, and in collaboration with global, regional, and local stakeholders, CCBO will test, scale, and share inclusive and sustainable reduce, reuse, recycle (3R) and solid waste management (SWM) solutions in focal countries and selected municipalities within.
The Solid Waste Specialist oversees CCBO technical activity related to solid waste and recycling planning, support to specific grantees, coordination of CCBO activities with focal municipalities, local governing units (LGU's), USAID clients, program partners and other external audiences; manages and develops technical projects and programs in CCBO focal countries, and; communicates effectively with the CCBO Country Director for Sri Lanka/Maldives on strategic initiatives that promote the vision and mission of CCBO.
* Minimum of 8 to 10 years' experience in the solid waste and recycling industry.
* Experience designing, constructing and/or managing solid waste infrastructure projects.
* Experience developing and implementing solid waste and 3R strategies with international development programs, non-governmental organizations, or the private sector
* Experience implementing project and action plans related to solid waste and 3R's.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent understanding of safety and environmental health issues and standards as applied to the solid waste and recycling industry in developing economies.
* Ability to understand and interpret waste related legislation and governance.
* Experience working with local private sector partners preferred.
* Advanced proficiency in speaking and writing in English.
* A four-year University degree is required.
* Please note: Only Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for this positions.
Apply on company website