Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are working together for the future of our world. We combine engineering and science with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technologists.
Join us today. You will be proud to be a part of a company built on Leading with Science.
Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Our Glen Allen, VA Operations are seeking an experienced leader to serve as Stormwater Engineer to grow our Energy Practice and support a variety of regional projects from concept to completion in a dynamic consulting environment.
Tetra Tech's Energy Practice includes routing, siting, engineering, and permitting of fossil fuel, wind, and solar facilities, electric power generation, electric transmission systems and substations, natural gas pipelines and compressor stations, and other related facilities.
This is a strategic growth opportunity within Tetra Tech's Energy Program. Our ideal candidate will have the experience and proven track record of executing engineering work with the opportunity to develop and expand our team of engineers into a national renewable engineering practice to support multiple locations across Tetra Tech.
- Participate in client marketing and business development activities which consists of proposal development, technical presentations, trade show attendance, client meetings and the development of marketing materials.
- Working closely with Operations Management, Energy Initiative Leaders, and other Business Unit Leaders to deliver safe, profitable, and sustainable projects and services for our clients.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional, safety standards, practices, codes.
- Provide leadership for project teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Perform various engineering tasks focusing on Clean Water Act (CWA) compliance and water resources engineering with the goal of designing stormwater management systems and best management practices (BMPs).
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Serve as a Project Engineer where you will manage technical tasks, engage with clients to identify new work opportunities, prepare proposals, and cost estimates, establish, and formulate technical approaches, and direct project teams.
- Serve as a stormwater subject matter expert for clients, project managers, engineering, and non-engineering technical staff to understand the engineering design of renewable project development.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously.
- B.S. and M.S. in Civil or other Engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant work experience and 5 years working on stormwater and wastewater permitting tasks for industrial, construction, and municipal dischargers, including development of SWPPPs, ESC Plans, and Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Program Plans.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
- Working knowledge of all aspects of engineering planning, design and construction related to renewable energy generation facilities.
- Civil engineering experience including site layout, interconnect, collector system design, transmission, substation scopes of work, battery energy storage system design and microgrids is a plus.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational teambuilding skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and achieve objectives.
- Experience preparing and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills to convey technical information to clients and business and financial reports to management.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines.
- P.E. licensure in multiple states.
- SPCC experience a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a diverse environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective.
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment.
Salary commensurate with experience
Salary Range: $110,000 - $120,000 a year
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 associates working together to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/en/careers.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
No calls or agencies.
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website