Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Our Louisville, KY office is seeking a full-time Structural Engineer with 6+ years of experience to lead challenging projects of various construction types in a wide range of industry sectors. Projects will vary in locality from local and regional work to overseas, providing unique engineering experiences. Project types will include municipal, industrial, commercial, government, forensic, renovation work on historic structures, and civil works (spillways, flood walls, and gate structures) projects for the US Army Corps of Engineers. The successful candidate will work with other Tetra Tech team members in the delivery of company project initiatives related to structural engineering. The ideal candidate enjoys working as a team player in an office environment and seeing the work followed-through during onsite visits.
- Leading the structural engineering design for a multitude of projects
- Delivering quality projects on time and within budget
- Leading a team of Structural Engineers and Designers for larger projects
- Interfacing with clients throughout the design and construction process
- Mentor junior engineers
- Preparing and checking design calculations of structural systems
- Writing forensic and investigation reports
- Delegating engineering and drafting responsibilities to others in a project team setting
- Defining the structural system by modeling in Revit
- Designing to local and State Codes, as well as Federal Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) guidelines.
- Utilizing advanced structural engineering software tools
- Participating in Construction Administration activities when required by the project.
Qualifications - External
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (Masters preferred)
- Registered or in the process of becoming a licensed P.E (S.E. preferred)
- Six plus years of related experience as a Structural Engineer
- Knowledgeable in the design of structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, aluminum, and wood.
- Experience with designing structures located in geographical areas prone to hurricanes and high seismicity is a plus.
- Must be willing to learn Revit, if not already known.
- Proficient with structural engineering design software such as RISA 3D.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Well organized and able to work independently
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment on projects ranging from studies to detailed design
- We will consider candidates of all levels, however experienced candidates are preferred
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 200 IEW
Apply on company website