Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Subject Matter Expert candidates for the INL-funded 5-year Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP).
JSSP's primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General's Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women's Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP's efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
Position Description/Summary: This program is designed to utilize international and Afghan advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice, Attorney General's Office, Supreme Court, Ministry of Women's Affairs, and other justice organizations through four main components: organizational capacity building, legislative reform, case management system, and gender mainstreaming and protection of vulnerable groups. The SME shall report to the Project Implementer (PI) for contractual matters and coordinate with the INL/AP Program Manager and CORs on subject matter issues. The SME shall provide support to both the USG (in Washington and in Kabul) as well as the Afghanistan-based JSSP team. The SME shall play a principal role in the substantive pre-deployment preparation of advisors, working together with INL, who shall oversee other pre-deployment training requirements and manage most administrative aspects of training. This will be a long-term position based in Arlington, VA.
Duties: The SME has significant technical responsibilities under the contract and shall report to the Project Implementer (PI) for contractual matters and coordinate with the INL/AP Program Manager and CORs on subject matter issues. Specific duties include:
- Provide technical support in all JSSP components to both the U.S. government (in Washington and in Kabul) as well as the Afghanistan-based JSSP team
- Provide technical support in all areas of project development/implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and production of deliverables under this SOW
- Actively participate in recruitment and selection of JSSP personnel based on position description qualifications (or equivalent with the permission of the INL/AP and INL/K Program Managers) with significant input from the in-country JSSP management team
- Play a principal role in the substantive pre-deployment preparation of advisors, working together with INL, who shall oversee other pre-deployment training requirements and manage most administrative aspects of training
- Draft all necessary technical reports and research papers on current issues affecting JSSP and submit those to JSSP personnel and INL as requested and needed by senior management personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 7 years of international experience, including rule of law and/or development programs
- The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of formal justice systems, with a particular emphasis on the coordination and interaction between justice institutions/departments
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution; Master's degree or juris doctor preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
Please apply for this position through Tetra Tech International Development Careers:
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 188 ARD
Apply on company website