Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
What we're looking for…
Tetra Tech is seeking additional Subject Matter Experts to join our team. We currently have many exciting investigation, treatability study, and remediation projects involving emerging contaminants, such as PFAS and 1,4-Dioxane. Projects are for our DoD and non-DoD clients. We need additional technical leaders to develop solutions for our client's environmental challenges. This includes having the communication and writing skills necessary to present these solutions to clients and to the public.
While much of the work will be for our DoD clients, projects may include commercial/state/local clients. If you possess a proven track record working on projects involving emerging contaminants, interact well with clients and coworkers, and collaborate to solve complex problems, then this could be your next career move!
We're looking for SME candidates with these qualifications:
• Strong technical background leading and/or performing tasks on environmental projects involving emerging contaminants (e.g., developing investigation strategies, evaluating risk, conducting treatability studies, developing conceptual site models, preparing feasibility studies/corrective measures studies, and so on)
• Experience supporting proposals, including task order proposals (e.g., sample tasks and cost estimating)
• Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills (e.g., formal presentations to clients, at conferences, and at public meetings)
• Ability to work well as part of a team and/or lead teams
• Initiative to build own career and success
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop solutions to environmental challenges. Be responsive to client requirements; help to solve their environmental challenges by “leading with science”.
• Be well-rounded. You may work on project teams, manage projects or tasks, lead or support proposals, develop capture strategies, and so on.
• Collaborate. Enhance Tetra Tech's current team of SMEs, increase visibility within the technical community, work well with others.
• Be Accountable. Accept personal responsibility for achieving project milestones on time and within budget. Be creative in developing your own path to achieve personal success.
Requirements & Preferred Experience:
• 10+ years of technical experience working in the environmental field (e.g., conventional contaminants and emerging contaminants).
• Experience working on Department of Defense contracts is preferred. Having a diverse background working for DoD and non-DoD clients is a plus.
• Experience supporting, or leading Task Order cost proposals is a plus.
• BS degree in engineering, science, or a related technical field is required.
• For engineers and geologists, a professional registration, i.e. Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG) is required.
• For scientists, an advanced degree or other certification is strongly preferred.
• PMP Certification a plus.
• Must be fluent in the English language; writing and speaking.
• Must possess excellent writing capabilities and have experience generating reports suitable for submittal to clients.
• Is expected to make verbal presentations at internal meetings, client meetings, and at technical conferences including project summaries, technical status, etc.
• The candidate must possess high end mathematical skills commensurate with being a subject matter expert and having earned a BS degree in engineering, science or a related technical field.
• Must be able to perform daily operations using Microsoft Windows applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Project is desirable, but not required.
• Familiarity with Nuance or Adobe Acrobat is also desirable, but not required.
This position can be in Pittsburgh, PA; Norfolk, VA; Jacksonville, FL; or Germantown, MD. Other locations will be considered.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website