Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Colombia Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity provides USAID/Colombia with technical and advisory services related to the MEL of USAID/Colombia projects and activities. To support this purpose, Panagora Group and its subcontractor Management Systems International (MSI) will provide technical advisory MEL services to the USAID/Colombia Mission. These include monitoring support services, performance and impact evaluations, studies, and assessments. These efforts will facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the long-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission. The MEL activity is carrying out the evaluation design, analysis of the Resilient Youth Activity (YRA). Through this activity, the USAID/Colombia Office of Peacebuilding and Governance (PGO) seeks to support young people in high-risk settings to reach their potential as safe, productive, healthy, and engaged participants in positive environments where violence is prevented, and the risks associated with crime are mitigated. This will involve supporting efforts focused on Colombian and Venezuelan youth, child ex-combatants and former youth offenders. Adhering to the definition of youth in USAID's development policy, YRA's target youth range is ten to twenty-nine years old, with an emphasis on adolescence and emerging adulthood (fifteen to twenty-nine years old). From a socio-ecological systems approach, YRA also targets families, the community, service providers and others who have an impact on youth development. As part of the evaluation team, the MEL activity seeks an Evaluation Lead.
**Please note: Only Colombian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Thematic Expert will support the evaluation design, implementation, and reporting activities for the evaluation. The key role of the Thematic expert is to ensure that sector considerations are adequately integrated in the design, instruments, data collection, analysis and reporting of the evaluation deliverables. The Thematic Expert will work closely with the evaluation team and will receive support from the MEL activity leads. The period of performance of this assignment will be twelve months from its initiation, which is anticipated in December 2021, with a part-time dedication.
- Support the design of the impact and performance evaluation, in accordance with the Feasibility Study, USAID and Implementing partner's decisions on the most appropriate type of evaluation, and the implementation plan, with the document following the guidelines of the MEL Activity.
- Play a central role in understanding the context of the young participants of the Activity.
- Contribute to the thematic analysis of the baseline of the performance evaluation.
- Provide inputs for the request for proposals of the quantitative data collection firm (RFP) for the mid-term or final evaluation, including general guidelines regarding sample size, geography, and thematic lines.
- Support presentations and submission of reports to USAID and the Implementing Partner.
- Participate in follow-up meetings and workshops with the Implementing partner and USAID to coordinate the design of the evaluation with the implementation plan.
- Participate in dissemination spaces with key actors.
- Master's degree in social sciences, economics or any other a relevant area required.
- Minimum seven years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in designing evaluations with USAID is desirable.
- Experience in impact and performance evaluations is desirable.
- Research experience in youth, conflict, and development.
- Experience working with USAID activities in Colombia is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is preferred.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.Additional Information
- Organization: 216 MSI
Apply on company website