Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are working together for the future of our world. We combine engineering and science with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technologists.
Join us today. You will be proud to be a part of a company built on Leading with Science.
Gemini Energy Services, A Tetra Tech Company commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are seeking a Solar Maintenance Technician for travel assignments around the United States, with possible travel to Canada and Latin America. You will be responsible for various site duties to include commissioning, preventative maintenance, upgrades and retrofits, diagnosis, repair and various project tasks. You will be working to evaluate, inspect, repair, clean, maintain and/or replace inverters, components, exhaust systems, panels, firmware updates and communication devices. This technician will assist in other areas of site such as reporting, monitoring and customer management as required.
This position is a travel position which requires willingness to work up to 50-60 hours per week if needed, to meet project and maintenance schedules. On-call and weekend work will occasionally be required. Daily Per Diem is paid by Gemini Energy Services.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- High school or equivalent.
- Active solar tech 1+ years.
- Current valid Driver's License with less than 3 moving violations in past 3 years.
- We are looking for a troubleshooter who is a reliable go-getter.
- Candidate should be able to function independently and must have a comprehensive understanding of a variety of inverters and how they function.
- Experienced with Direct Current Electricity, Alternating Current Electricity, and Electronics.
- Understanding of Voltage Testers, Multimeters, Amp Clamps, Oscilloscopes, Meghommeters, Infrared Testers, Voltage Test Procedures, Lock Out Tag Out, Electric Static Discharge (ESD) and Fiber Optics.
- Must have current driver's license and clean DMV record (within last 5 years) and ability to operate service trucks as required.
- Must have clean criminal background.
- Ability to train other employees in operations, maintenance, and repair procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen.
- Travel required (breaks provided).
Other Desirable Knowledge and Experience:
- Associate degree or higher in electrical engineering preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience in the solar industry.
- Capable of lifting at least 40 lbs.
- Capable of bending, twisting, and lifting items overhead.
Preferred Certifications to Be Uploaded:
- Certifications: (please upload).
- NFPA 70e electrical training.
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety Course completion.
- Tower Rescue / Competent Climber Certification or similar.
- Wind Turbine commissioning or maintenance experience.
- First Aid / CPR.
Preferred/Optional Attachments to Be Upload:
- Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO).
- Manual Handling.
- Confined Space.
- HYTORC Torque and Tension.
- Rescue, safe evacuation.
- Electrical certifications.
- Crane & Rigging.
- Capstan Hoist.
- Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW).
About Tetra Tech:
Gemini Energy Services, a Tetra Tech Company is the leading independent service provider of wind and solar technicians in the United States. Our technicians work on multiple types of wind turbine generators, learning different technologies to build a strong skill set. Technicians can live in the place of their choice and travel from their home site to projects for six-week durations before the scheduled break. Gemini pays for all flights or rental cars for the commute to work and back to the home site.
Gemini works on projects that include Operations and Maintenance, Construction, Research and Development, Inspection Services and Engineering Services. Candidates that are open to both wind and solar projects have opportunities for cross-training on different types of renewable energy equipment. Acquired by Tetra Tech in 2014, Gemini is a strong addition to grow into O&M Wind and Solar services.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 associates working together to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/en/careers and http://www.geminienergyservices.com/
LinkedIn: @TetraTechCareers @geminienergyservices
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (330) 659-5931.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
No calls or agencies
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website