Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Summary: Tetra Tech is seeking a Waste Water Treatment Operator to work as part of a team on environmental related tasks. The Waste Water Treatment Operator will be primarily responsible for the operation, maintenance and monitoring of groundwater and stormwater collection and treatment systems including oil/water separator, pH adjustment, batch backwash sand filtration, and activated carbon treatment.
- All operations, maintenance, and monitoring of the facility including routine maintenance and replacement of pumps, motors, valves, and environmental media.
- Maintain and repair environmental control systems (instrumentation, hard relay logic controls, PLC's, SCADA, RTU's etc.).
- Performance of inspections and maintenance/repair and cleaning of control systems, instrumentation, flow meters, piping, equipment calibrations (e.g., pH calibration of process probes), valves, clarifiers, air stripper carbon, tanks, temperature measurements, equipment oil replacement equipment greasing.
- General facility housekeeping/maintenance (e.g., floor cleaning, floor and trip hazard painting, cleaning bathrooms, etc.).
- Preparation and painting of surfaces showing signs of corrosion on tanks and equipment.
- Implement all work in accordance with established standard operating procedures.
- Accurately documenting all activities on established forms and databases.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with customer personnel and their contractors.
- Associates degree required. A bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or environmental engineering is preferred.
- 6 months of industrial process/water/wastewater treatment system experience is preferred.
- Current 40-hour HAZWOPER certification.
- The Waste Water Treatment Operator must possess good communication skills as daily communication with the project team regarding client schedules, system operation issues, site security issues and general site health and safety are paramount to the success of the project.
- The Waste Water Treatment Operator must be a self-starter, detail oriented and mechanically proficient.
- Must be medically qualified to wear a respirator and obtain a satisfactory fit test.
- Familiarity and experience with each treatment system component is required.
- Have or be able to obtain Massachusetts Water Treatment Plant Class 2 license.
- Working knowledge of electrical and plumbing.
- Must have the ability to perform mathematical calculations related to the job with speed and accuracy and communicate effectively both orally and written.
- A Pre-employment drug screen in compliance with state regulations is required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record without restrictions.
About Tetra Tech:
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech offers the following optional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long & Short-Term Disability, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending. Financial Benefits: Group Term Life, Optional Group Term Life Insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, Health Savings Account, 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Time Off with Pay, Employee Assistance Program, Adoption Assistance, Leaves of Absence.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
- Organization: 117 ECA
Apply on company website