Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech's Water Division is currently seeking a Water Resources Engineering Program Manager in our Seattle, WA office to lead our team of water resources engineering professionals across our Pacific Northwest offices. Our offices in the Pacific Northwest work in a highly collaborative environment, focused on planning and designing sustainable flood risk management solutions, projects that restore aquatic habitats and the natural environment, design of projects to restore fish passage, and studies of the economic, social, and environmental effects of proposed water resources management plans.
This position will provide project guidance, direction, and technical oversight to our team of hydrologic, hydraulic, and civil engineers; as well serve as a technical mentor to our junior engineer staff. The Water Resources Engineering Program Manager position will also serve as Client Manager for select clients in our program. Our Pacific Northwest offices currently serve federal, state, municipal, regional, tribal, commercial, and non-profit clients.
This leadership position will also coordinate and collaborate with our other regional water resources engineering leaders to guide staff growth and business across Tetra Tech's national Water Division.Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and provide quality management for technical H&H Modeling and Hydraulic Design projects
- Develop and manage top-tier client relationships and contracts
- Participate in expanding our client base, helping to develop exciting new frontiers
- Manage the financial aspects of a broad range and scale of projects
- Mentor junior level professionals, developing satisfying collegial relationships and providing quality management
- Supervise and delegate work to junior engineers as necessary to manage hydraulic engineering tasks within larger complex projects
- Work with a multidisciplinary team including geotechnical and structural. engineers, geomorphologists, biologists, planners; as well as other hydraulic and water resources engineers
- Provide meaningful input to firm leadership regarding excellence in professional, technical, and business practices
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering plus approximately 15+ years of experience in hydraulics and hydrology. A Master's Degree with specialization in hydraulics or related field is preferred.
- Professional Engineer license required (WA and OR license preferred, required w/in 6 months of hire).
- Experience with 1-D steady and unsteady modeling such as HEC-RAS, HEC-GeoRAS, and similar.
- Experience with 2-D modeling (RAS-2D, FLO-2D, and similar).
- Experience with Sediment Transport modeling.
- Knowledge of FEMA and local floodplain management requirements.
- Experience with modeling and design of constructed projects.
- Solid technical writing and communication skills.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
- Organization: 100 DIV
Apply on company website