Are you looking for a chance to build your career with a company who is Leading with Science? Are you interested in working with a group of talented women and men who drive innovation and celebrate the global community? We are currently seeking a Biologist/Environmental Resources Scientist to work in our Albuquerque, New Mexico office.
We are in search of a highly-motivated team member to join our family of engineers and scientists who has a strong interest and skillset to support wide variety of challenging and complex water resources projects in the southwest and throughout the nation.
Interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity? If so, read on.
Projects may include:
- Stream and River restoration
- Conducting field surveys for vegetation, wildlife, and wildlife habitat
- Performing wetland delineations
- Fisheries studies and fish monitoring
- Wildlife monitoring, analysis and reporting
- GIS based mapping and analysis
- Preparing Biological Assessments for ESA compliance
- Preparing and overseeing development of environmental permits, including CWA Sections 404/401
- Preparing sections for NEPA documents
- Water quality sampling and analysis
- Environmental oversight during construction
- Assist in business development for biological/environmental work
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- BS in Biology/Natural Resources and at least 3-5 years of professional experience OR
- MS in Biology/Natural Resources and at least 1-3 years of professional experience in environmental science including surveying, monitoring and permitting; delineation of wetlands, and restoration
- Knowledge of local plant, fish and/or wildlife species and their habitat requirements
- Experience developing mitigation/monitoring plans
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience preparing reports, NEPA and ESA documentation
- Experience with GIS
- Experience with field data collection equipment including GPS
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.Additional Information
- Organization: 100 DIV
Apply on company website