Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for providing engineering support for the water/wastewater group. Typical projects include a wide variety of municipal water/wastewater projects involving collection and conveyance systems, pump stations, storage and treatment facilities, and rehabilitation.
*Please note that this position requires a Professional Registration as a Civil Engineer (PE) in California; candidates who are not licensed Professional Engineers will not be considered for this position.
- Plan and design water/wastewater treatment, distribution/conveyance, pumping, and storage facilities;
- Perform conceptual and detailed design calculations and analyses;
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and supporting documents;
- Prepare construction drawings, specifications and cost estimates;
- Ensure standard engineering practices and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various reports and design projects;
- Evaluate alternatives, resolve technical issues and interface with other engineering disciplines;
- Perform engineering interpretation of specifications and drawings, recommending and documenting design modifications, and coordinating with the design team;
- Resolve questions, plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective and compliant manner;
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 10+ years of experience in planning and designing water/wastewater treatment, distribution/conveyance, pumping, and storage facilities;
- Professional Registration as Civil Engineer in the State of California (P.E.) required;
- Background will ideally include project work and process knowledge of water/wastewater facilities projects with municipal, state, and water districts;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/ Civil 3D/Microstation, word processing and scheduling programs
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 200 IEW
Apply on company website