Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The successful candidate will actively participate in the design and coordination of water and wastewater projects for the Seattle, WA Water/Wastewater group, and will have the capability to develop project management skills and responsibility. Typical work includes a wide variety of municipal projects involving water and wastewater treatment facilities, conveyance systems, CSO storage systems, and pump stations. The successful candidate will have the skills and drive to market and win work for the Seattle Water/Wastewater group.
- Serve as design engineer on a wide variety of municipal wastewater projects involving treatment facilities, pumping systems, pipelines, and collection systems;
- Coordinate multi-discipline design teams;
- Lead the planning, evaluation and selection of preferred alternatives;
- Perform conceptual and detailed design calculations and analyses;
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and supporting documents;
- Prepare construction drawings, specifications and cost estimates;
- Ensure standard engineering practices and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various reports and design projects;
- Perform engineering interpretation of specifications and drawings, recommending and documenting design modifications;
- Resolve questions, plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective, and compliant manner;
- Provide construction support services (field meetings, submittal review, shop drawing review, RFIs);
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- BS or MS in Civil, Environmental or related Engineering discipline (focus on wastewater treatment preferred);
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Washington required;
- 8-12 years of experience with water and wastewater system design, including the design of activated sludge treatment systems (lagoon, oxidation ditch, sequencing batch reactor and/or membrane), pipelines, pumping systems, collection systems, and/or CSO control systems;
- Design experience with pipe materials, valves and pumps;
- Hydraulic system calculations, pump stations, pressure pipelines, storm and sanitary sewer pipelines, and wastewater treatment plants;
- Experience designing wastewater capital projects in excess of $5 million in construction costs;
- Interest in business development;
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills;
- Active membership and participation in water and wastewater professional associations such as PNCWA or ACWA (preferred);
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling programs required, and BioWin (preferred);
- Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 200 IEW
Apply on company website