Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst Euless-Bedford is seeking an RN to join the Surgical/Orthopedic Trauma Team
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway TX 76022 Bedford, TX
Salary is $38/hr
Shift - Night shift - as needed
Our 29 bed Surgical/Orthopedic Trauma unit is a cohesive team environment that improves the quality of care for patients who face Medical or Surgical procedures with a primary focus on wellness and recovery. The Registered Nurse will be caring for patients with attention to Orthopedics, Trauma, Urology and GI patients.
We are a family-oriented unit with a close-knit staff dedicated to quality care and advancing the goals of the hospital, unit and individual staff members through project assistance, NCAP program, professional development, pursing higher education, certification, and proper work/life balance.
• Basic Human Needs - Responds to others' priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs.
• Human Respect - Honors worth of humans through unconditional acceptance
• Affiliation Needs - Engages family/caregivers in health care situations.
• Mutual Problem Solving - Professional behaviors that help patients and families understand how to confront, learn about, and think about their health and illness; involves a reciprocal, shared approach with resulting decisions acceptable to involved parties.
• Attentive Reassurance - Listens and concentrates on others. Is reliable, available and attentive.
• Encouraging Manner - The professional nurse communicates an attitude that is supportive, open, positive and tolerant.
• Healing Environment - The professional nurse creates settings that provide privacy, safety, confidentiality and tranquility
• Teamwork -- "Individuals caring for individuals, together"
Required minimum education: Associates Degree Required.
RNs hired after January, 2014, require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date.
RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
One year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program required.
Preferred qualifications include more than 2 years of acute care, hospital-based nursing experience, especially on an orthopedics unit.
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
Current AHA BLS upon hire.
CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 days after hire.
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast paced environment.
Entity Information: Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women's services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Primary Location: Bedford
Job: RN/Registered Nurse
Organization: Texas Health HEB 1600 Hospital Parkway TX 76022
Shift: Night Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Schedule: Per Diem
Apply on company website