We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated Advertising and Marketing Copywriter to join our team in beautiful downtown Colorado Springs. Who You Are: We're looking for the best and brightest minds. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this is the place for you. Your portfolio should demonstrate solid content and creative writing chops. You're a collaborative, thoughtful, critical thinker who can turn raw data into compelling stories.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for grammar and knows AP style. This candidate knows how to manage their own time, schedule & conduct interviews, edit others work for content and clarity and isn't afraid to take criticism to make their work better too. We're writing all sorts of sponsored copy day-to-day, including: travel, real estate, healthcare, automotive test drives and more.
Who We Are and What We Offer:
We're a team of advertising sales professionals servicing clients in a variety of industries. Working at the Gazette means that you'll be working with award winning news, video and marketing teams. You'll also be working for a reputable media company that's been around for more than 100 years. We are a two-time Pulitzer Prize winner, the premier source of news and information for Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak Region and the second largest circulation newspaper in Colorado. You'll learn from some of the best professionals and most importantly, you'll work for a company that values our community and strives to make it a better place to live, work and raise a family.
The Gazette offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, critical illness and accident insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, a 401k plan, identify theft, legal, pet insurance and paid holidays, vacation, sick, personal and volunteer time.
The Advertising & Marketing Copy Writer is responsible for producing copy and headlines for content focused advertising in both print and digital formats. Copy for sponsored and native custom content will be requested for various products and services. This is a key support position for Advertising and Marketing, Special Sections, Native Advertising and Social Media Marketing and Services.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with clients from sales department to produce compelling paid content, testimonials.
- Conduct interviews with clients and sources to write content for sections and products as assigned.
- Assist with researching and proofreading Gazette news releases; write copy for and edit event fliers and brochures.
- Write and proof copy and headlines for house promotions as assigned.
- Provide general research and admin support to other departments (e.g. construct memos, letters, emails - anything that needs careful attention to detail, editing or proofreading).
- Develop content for special sections and targeted products as assigned.
- Manage placement of content in print and digital for assigned specials sections and products.
- Maintain social media accounts for marketing and advertising; posting daily/weekly on each social account for all assigned products and sections.
- Write copy and proof sales fliers for assigned products and sections.
- Support Special Section Sponsors with kickoffs and provide general administrative support for assigned special sections (updating rate cards and tracking spreadsheets, and assist in minimizing last-minute production changes).
- Act as an advocate for advertising and marketing with the newsroom.
- Assist Newsroom with content and editing for special sections as requested.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
Requirements: Education: Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Advertising or similar fields. Experience: 1-2 years of experience in copy writing and advertising support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent proof-reading skills.
- Proficient in writing and posting on social media venues.
- Must read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be committed to teamwork and able to collaborate well with employees within the Advertising department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Apply on company website