Job Title Corporate Engagement Senior Manager Job ID 48655 Location China Full/Part Time Full-Time Favorite Job Regular/Temporary Regular OFFICE LOCATION
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 74 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Senior Manager of Corporate Engagement is to take functional responsibility to engage with internal teams and our external business partners or potentials, which is to support corporate practice ideas generation, consultative design and project development, as well as final implementation and deliverables.
The Senior Manager will work towards meeting the strategic priorities of Corporate Engagement function by developing and coordinating tactics for approaching new potential opportunities, designing, developing and implementing the corporate practice projects and activities, s/he will serve as the technical lead on our external and internal engagement activities, and manage guidelines and analyze technical information to support project process, achieve results, improve workflow, and solve problems.
The Senior Manager must be a subject matter expert in at least 1 area of TNC scientific offerings on multiple sustainability topics, s/he would apply knowledge, sustainability best practices and performance standards to mitigate environmental impact and optimize the value of nature. The Senior Manager will also be managing support, performing literature review, designing communications and developing ideas with internal and external partners and stakeholders, helping them to understand and structure their approach to tackling complex environmental challenges.
The Senior Manager will assist to develop corporate practice concept, modify processes, and participate in the enhancement of systems and tools used by the team where appropriate. S/he will keep up-to-date on market trends and best practices in order to improve services. The Senior Manager works in close cooperation with any or all of the following: Internally - Corporate Engagement team, Conservancy staff and supporting functional teams; Externally - corporate partners & stakeholders, donors, Trustees and vendors (professional service providers). Together with Corporate Engagement team, s/he will provide advice, recommendation and training related to the functional area of the team and/or external partners. S/he will support Corporate Engagement Director to manage diverse tasks, analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, project outcomes, and implement solutions in order to improve effectiveness, and create greater impact for TNC China/TNC global.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Accountability for technical aspect of strategic goals, strategy and planning related to corporate practice.
- Provision of technical and strategic support to the selection and implementation of sustainability best practices, incl. third-party standards and rating systems; structured decision making.
- Act independently and in supervisor’s stead as needed, exercise independent judgment to identify and solve problems.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Develop and implement new initiatives that will ensure country level and organization-wide goals and strategies are achieved.
- Ensure programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards, and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
- Financial responsibility includes assisting with the development of a budget, working within a budget, and negotiating and contracting with partners, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Managing and implementing multiple projects, including managing budget, setting deadlines and ensuring accountability.
- May manage or participate in complex negotiations.
- May supervise one or more administrative or professional staff, responsibility includes training and professional development.
- Travel occasionally, work long and flexible hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience managing and implementing multiple projects.
- Experience supervising staff, interns, and/or volunteers.
- Experience negotiating agreements.
- Experience with current and evolving technology in relevant field.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in principles and practices of relevant field.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
- Bachelor’s degree in environment related subjects and 7 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Advanced experience and knowledge in environmental consulting
- Advanced knowledge in current and evolving technology related to field of experience.
- Proficient in interpreting guidelines and manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- Successful experience designing and implementing strategic program goals.
- With certain business development acumen.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Ability to manage and implement complex processes.
- Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences.
- Knowledge of current and evolving trends in the specific field, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Strong organization, planning, and problem-solving skills.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 48655, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on May 31, 2020.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.
Apply on company website