This is a wonderful opportunity for kind, empathic individuals to be trained for a rewarding career where you can truly touch the lives of residents and their families. Working as a CNA brings a sense of purpose where you really make a difference. Come and find out what it is like to feel valued in a warm and caring environment where leadership supports you & recognizes your hard work! Thompson Health also offers a whole healthcare system where you can grow your career and advance your skills through on the job training and/or academic support through our tuition assistant program!
What will you do as a C.N.A? You will assist residents in performing activities of daily living. This requires assisting with maintaining and/or improving the resident's quality of life to the highest functional level.
How does the CNA training work? The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Training Program at Thompson Health is set up for candidates who are interested in becoming and then working as a CNA in the M.M. Ewing Continuing Care Center (CCC).
- Individuals are hired as a Thompson Health employee prior to attending the class with the expectation they will work as a CNA in either a part time or full time capacity once licensed, for a minimum of one year.
The training course is fully paid by UR Thompson Health. Attendance is mandatory for classes as well as the onsite clinicals at our Continuing Care Center.
- Individuals receives payment while taking the class. After training is complete & they successfully obtain the CNA certification, the pay rate will be increased accordingly.
- Following the program, participants will be scheduled to take the NYS CNA Exam. Once the exam has been completed, the certified participants go through a clinical orientation, with a preceptor on the avenue/unit they are hired for.
- It is required that CNA Training Class participants remain employed in the Continuing Care Center in a full or part time status for at least 1 year from certification.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- The willingness to provide excellent care to residents
- Good communication & customer service skills
- Team-oriented, dependable, reliable, honest
- Ability to handle unpleasant sights and odors
- Positive Attitude
- Empathetic, compassionate & courteous to residents
- Able to attend all the classes on time for the entire period of classes.
- Able to commit to working rotating weekends and holidays after the certification is obtained.
- Must show proof of COVID vaccination.
** If you are looking to start working sooner than the next available class, we may be able to bring you on in a similar role prior to the class.
If interested in this AWESOME opportunity, APPLY TODAY!!
Apply on company website