- Providing assistance to the main testing lab by accepting specimens into the lab & preparing those specimens for testing.
- Receiving work in the LIS, registering patients, ordering lab work, centrifuging & labeling specimens.
- Providing quality phlebotomy services in order to obtain appropriate specimens for lab testing.
- Ensuring high quality patient care while performing urgent and routine EKGs
- Requires ability to recognize panic level abnormal cardiac rhythms and or vital signs and communicate those findings to the cardiology department.
- Perform phlebotomy on patients of various ages using sound judgment in age appropriate methods.
- Perform specimen processing functions such as registration of patients, ordering lab work, preparing specimens for testing, answering phones, distributing reports, preparing specimens for reference lab.
- Independently perform EKG testing.
- Maintain a professional and friendly rapport with all patients, clients and coworkers.
- Assist with clerical functions as assigned.
- Demonstrate the CARES values consistently.
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive information and adheres to HIPAA policies.
- PHLEBOTOMY EXPERIENCE AND PROFICIENCY PREFERRED.
- DRAW STATION AND SPECIMEN PROCESSING EXPERIENCE HIGHLY PREFERRED.
- Requires the ability to work independently; while maintaining a clean, compliant and efficient site that services pediatric through geriatric customers.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of sciences and human anatomy
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Flexibility and skills in prioritizing
- Demonstration of the CARES Values at all times
- Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website