The LPN functions under the clinical guidance of the Physician and midlevel providers of the practices and the Nurse Manager and participates in the multi-disciplinary process of providing care and treatment to patients. The LPN provides clinical support to the professional medical and other staff functioning within the scope of practice dictated by the authority of the New York State Department of Education. Individual must be able to manage demanding workload with accuracy. Position requires excellent customer service skills with patients, and their families, other staff, physicians and other providers, management, vendors, and the public.
Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrates skill in provision of care appropriate to the age of patients of primary care and specialty practices.
- Exhibits the ability to collect, document and access data reflective of the patient's status in the electronic medical record and other repositories.
- Shows caring and concern for all patients.
- Demonstrates patient centered approach to care, adhering to all NCQA's Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) requirements for nursing practice, including but not limited to data collection, education and test recall.
- Demonstrates accuracy and completeness in charting documentation and billing for each visit including nurse visits.
- Demonstrates phlebotomy and laboratory testing techniques consistent with the standards and expectations of the FF Thompson Hospital lab.
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately execute provider orders. Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with providers, staff and Practice Management.
- Exhibits leadership skills through active support of practice and system goals and objectives.
- Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive information including but not limited to the patients, staff and the health system.
- Can successfully complete the Hospital orientation program and department specific orientation.
- Lives the CARES values at all times.
·Qualifications: (Licenses, Certifications)
• Current NYS LPN license required.
• Current Infection Control Certificate is required.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
• Graduation from an approved school of professional nursing required.
• Three years of recent nursing experience required.
• Physician office nursing experience, including injection administration and phlebotomy preferred.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website