Must be able to float to all Family Practices.
What will you do?
- The LPN functions under the clinical guidance of the Physician and midlevel providers of the practices and the Nurse Manager.
- You will participate in the multi-disciplinary process of providing care and treatment to patients.
- Provide clinical support to the professional medical and other staff functioning within the scope of practice dictated by the authority of the New York State Department of Education.
- Able to manage demanding workload with accuracy.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills with patients, and their families, other staff, physicians and other providers, management, vendors, and the public.
Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrates skill in provision of care appropriate to the age of patients of primary care and specialty practices.
- Exhibits the ability to collect, document and access data reflective of the patient's status in the electronic medical record and other repositories.
- Shows caring and concern for all patients.
- Demonstrates patient centered approach to care, adhering to all NCQA's Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) requirements for nursing practice, including but not limited to data collection, education and test recall.
- Demonstrates accuracy and completeness in charting documentation and billing for each visit including nurse visits.
- Demonstrates phlebotomy and laboratory testing techniques consistent with the standards and expectations of the FF Thompson Hospital lab.
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately execute provider orders. Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with providers, staff and Practice Management.
- Exhibits leadership skills through active support of practice and system goals and objectives.
- Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive information including but not limited to the patients, staff and the health system.
- Can successfully complete the Hospital orientation program and department specific orientation.
- Current NYS LPN license required.
- Current Infection Control Certificate is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
- Graduation from an approved school of professional nursing required.
- Three years of recent nursing experience required.
- Physician office nursing experience, including injection administration and phlebotomy preferred.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website