Midwifery and OB/GYN practice in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of Upstate, New York seeks an additional Certified Nurse Midwife!
The practice is looking for an additional CNM to join a proven shared practice model. This is an opportunity for full score midwife practice in a community where you are truly caring for your neighbors.
Join a wonderful community to build your life and a wonderful hospital to build your career!
- Lives the CARES values at all times.
- This individual is responsible for the review and exam of patients in OB/GYN office setting.
- This individual is responsible for the management of normal pregnancies, childbirth and postpartum care (consistent with NYS Article 140, section 6951 Schedule B.)
- This individual will perform newborn evaluation and resuscitation, as needed.
The midwife will perform assessment and treatment of a wide variety of problems to include, but not limited to: Vaginal infections, Pelvic Pain, Abnormal bleeding, Pre-term labor, SRM (spontaneous rupture of membranes), Labor checks, Infertility, OB checks, Birth control, STD's (sexually transmitted diseases), Condyloma, IUD insertion, Endometrial biopsies, Pessary fitting and management and postpartum care.
- Required: Must possess an unrestricted New York Midwife license.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to form collaborative partnerships across all service settings.
- Must be authorized to prescribe and administer drugs in the state of New York.
- Proficient in the use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Must possess a Master's Degree or higher and have graduated from a state approved midwife program.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website