What will you do? The majority of the Nurse Leader time is spent in supervisory work.
- He/She is responsible for assigning duties appropriately to associates.
- He/She is to serve as a role model for professional nursing and ancillary staff, sharing the responsibility of patient outcomes.
- Coordinates resources to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our customers.
- Provides leadership and support to the nursing staff by demonstrating the ability to do the following: fosters collegial interdisciplinary and physician relationships utilizing excellent communication skills; serves as a clinical resource and mentor; provides coordination of unit activity and patient throughput; provides feedback in the evaluation of staff performance; facilitates unit activity to assure excellence in clinical outcomes and quality measures.
- Actively supports the philosophy, vision, mission, goals and objectives of the Department of Nursing and the Health System.
- Responsible for management of human resources; fostering interdisciplinary, collaborative relationships within the department and institution as a whole.
Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrates excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize events to assure patient safety and customer satisfaction.
- Evidence of strong clinical expertise to assist others in assessing critical patients and assuring proper management. Demonstrates the ability to deliver and assure safe patient care utilizing the nursing process.
- Demonstrates the CARES values at all times.
- NYS license as a registered nurse.
- Current BLS certification. ACLS certification preferable or completed within one year, PALS certification preferable or completed within a one year
- Telemetry Credentialed
- PAS level III or IV optional
- A graduate of an approved school of nursing or having met requirements by the NYS Education Department, is eligible for licensure, or currently holds a NYS license as a registered nurse.
- BSN preferred or actively pursuing a BSN or willingness to complete within defined time frame (3-4 years).
- National certification preferred or a willingness to complete within a defined timeframe (less than 3 years).
- Minimum of three years recent medical-surgical nursing experience required.
- Evidence of previous leadership experience preferred
- Must possess a basic knowledge and skills in: Leadership Change management Resource management Effective oral and written communication
Complexity of Duties:
- Able to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team and manage a stressful environment with composure and professionalism.
- Able to work independently and use own judgment in daily management of the unit.
The characteristics of the job require interpersonal skills that reflect:
- The ability to deal effectively with a wide range of customers.
- A professional attitude that supports nursing services and hospital administration and reflects a positive working relationship with staff, physicians, and other departments.
- An adaptable approach to a frequently changing environment on the unit, in the hospital, and in the health care field.
- The ability to manage in a creative, organized, self-directed, and goal-oriented manner.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Apply on company website