- Responsible for the provision of inpatient care, under the supervision of the Intensivists, for patients admitted to the Intensivist service.
- Duties will include a variety of inpatient hospital activities as specified below:
- Attends (admits, performs history and physical, writes orders) newly admitted patients to the critical care service.
- Communicates with attending Intensivist on duty/on call for all admitted critical care patients.
- Rounds on assigned patients as directed by the attending Intensivist.
- Participates in the evaluation and treatment of any Intensivist patient in acute distress with acute change in status.
- Evaluates routine patient condition or requests for change in routine orders or clarification of orders.
- Initiates completion of death certificates for Intensivist's review and signature.
- Performs procedures (ie; ABG's, IV Insertions, NG tube insertions, intubation, central line insertion and other critical care procedures) on Intensivist inpatients and when assistance is requested by the nursing staff.
- Informs attending Intensivist of patient conditions requiring more in depth review and assessments.
- Seeks guidance in situations where the course is unclear or experience is lacking.
- Maintains appropriate medical records.
- Prepares Intensivist patient for discharge and competes discharge summary.
- Assists and participates in the ongoing activities of the medical staff quality improvement program.
- Provides quality improvement data or other required documentation to designated personnel in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains good communication and working relationships with members of the Intensivist's staff, nursing staff and other hospital departments.
- Participates in required hospital meetings as necessary and appropriate, as required by medical Staff By-laws.
- Maintain a willingness to accept other duties as assigned as the Intensivist or Director of Intensive Care and Observation.
- Demonstrates the CARES Values & Standards of Cooperation at all times.
- Registration to practice in New York State required.
- Physician Assistants must be certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Nurse Practitioners must maintain a collaboration agreement with Director of Intensivist Service.
- NYS Licensure and current Registration Required
- DEA Licensure Required
- Current ACLS and BLS
- Graduation from an AMA/AHO approved school as a Certified Nurse Practitioner.
- 1-2 years of experience in hospital based medicine and/or family practice, or other suitable experience, preferred.
- Critical care experience as an APP preferred
Apply on company website