- Provides consistent, high quality care consistent with accepted national and/or community standards.
- Collaborates with office staff in development and performance of efficient office practices.
- Liaisons with practice management and hospital administration on behalf of the practice.
- Liaisons with staff on behalf of practice management and hospital administration.
- Fosters a cohesive Thompson identity.
- Assures regulatory compliance.
- Provides patient management and role modeling that unifies practice goals with health system goals.
- Acts in the best interest of the patient.
- Assists the health system in meeting strategic goals.
Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Recognized competence in outpatient clinical medicine. S/he must have the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status, interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to her/his age-specific needs and provide the necessary care.
- Demonstrates knowledge necessary to ensure care appropriate to the age of the patient. This includes demonstration of knowledge and principles of growth and development over a life span.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all office staff and providers.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with hospital leaders.
- Lead a patient centered practice.
- Knowledge of recognized best patient care practices in his/her department.
- Maintains current knowledge of and ability to institute programs necessary to comply with evolving regulatory requirements.
- Consistent excellence in provider-patient and provider-staff communications.
- Exhibits leadership skills and professional behavior consistently.
- Actively guards confidential and protected information.
- Willing to receive feedback from associates and patients/families.
- Generates legible, meaningful, comprehensive and timely (within 2 business days of the date of service) patient care records sufficient for all patient care, regulatory, billing and other uses of the medical record.
- Responsible for ensuring all professional licenses, registrations, liability insurance education and renewal requirements and applicable physician certifications are up to date and current as required for employment.
- Lives the CARES values at all times.
- NYS certification/registration as a Family, Adult or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
- AANP Board Certification
- DEA license required.
- Able to gain appropriate FFTH privileges.
- Knowledge of ICD10 coding preferred.
- Graduation from an AMA approved school as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Meets continuing education requirements of the applicable discipline board.
- Previous experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- Previous experience in primary care medicine preferred.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Apply on company website