- The Registered Nurse must assess, plan, give and evaluate nursing care.
- The Registered Nurse assists the provider with patients, including the preparation of examination rooms, preparation of the patient for the visit, taking vital signs and explaining preparations to the patients.
- Under the direction of the provider, the Registered Nurse will perform venipuncture, administer medications and immunizations as prescribed, assist with special procedures, including minor surgery, removal of sutures, wound cleaning and dressing application.
- The Registered Nurse is responsible for completion of telephone triage within the scope of practice, following up with patients as appropriate.
- The Registered Nurse is the primary contact for laboratory, procedural and clinical staffing within the practice.
- He/She will assist in development and implementation of clinical nursing policies and procedures, working with appropriate system personnel to assure clinical operations comply with all JCAHO and NYS DOH requirements.
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing, currently licensed as a registered nurse in New York State.
- Must maintain current CPR training and certification
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing, required
- Five years of recent nursing experience required. In addition, the Registered Nurse is required to successfully complete the Thompson Health System orientation program during the introductory period.
- Physician office nursing experience, injection administration and phlebotomy skills preferred.
- Supervisory responsibility preferred.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website