• OR Scheduling Coordinator's duties will be to coordinate the booking of all procedures to be done in the Operating Suite and in the Ambulatory Procedures Unit.
• The Scheduling Coordinator will also work closely with all surgeons offices to ensure the best utilization of the Operating Suite and the surgeons block time.
• The Scheduling Coordinator will also be responsible for obtaining all statistical data related to the Operating Suite and the Ambulatory procedures Unit.
• The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of setting up the agenda, location, providing data and typing the minutes for the OR Committee and the OR Block Committee.
• The Scheduling Coordinator will also serve as a resource for the OR Committee and the OR Block Committee.
• The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the OR surgical block and the Ambulatory Procedure unit block – this includes tracking block requests, tracking surgeons away time, exception calendar and re-allocating blocks that have been picked up.
• The Scheduling Coordinator is expected to participate in new surgeon orientation for the OR and for APU – this is to include addressing scheduling routine, surgical block availability, procedures to be scheduled and working closely with new surgeons offices to ensure a smooth transition to scheduling at Thompson Health.
• The Scheduling Coordinator works closely with OR, PATC, SCC, PACU, APU, DI, Pathology, Anesthesia, Periop Data and Instrument Specialist, Credentialing Coordinator, Assistant to the Medical Director and all offices that schedule procedures.
• The Scheduling Coordinator works closely with the IT report writer to generate any and all reports needed for the OR and APU.
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• Medical terminology and knowledge of computers.
• Current computer operating system preferred.
• OR experience helpful.
• Clinical scheduling,
• Statistical report generation.
• Use of word processing and data base software.
• Prior OR experience helpful.
• Ability to multitask.
Apply on company website