- Provides basic patient care with clinical competence.
- Assists the Registered Nurses by providing patient care tasks and supportive duties in the acute setting.
Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and exhibits flexibility in decision making and prioritizing assignments.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with the medical and nursing staff in all areas within the facility.
- Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive info including but not limited to the patients, staff and the health system.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Is self directed and quickly able to adapt to variable patient care conditions and volume levels in the hospital.
- Required – Rudimentary computer skills
- Required – High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred – One year experience as CNA, EMT, Nursing Student or other suitable experience
- Preferred – Experience performing phlebotomy and/or EKGs highly desirable.
- Available to work rotating shifts ( day, evening & nights)
- Able to work rotating weekends and holidays
- Able to work a mix of 8 and/or 12 hour shifts
- Able to commit to working FULL TIME hours during the clinical orientation time in the nursing department
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Apply on company website