This is a full-time position Monday through Friday, 7 AM-3:30 PM with call. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates skill in the provision of nursing care to patients and families in the ambulatory procedure setting
- Demonstrates a knowledge base of scientific principles that guide judgment and critical thinking skills through the utilization of the nursing process
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and exhibits flexibility in decision making and prioritizing assignments/nursing interventions
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with all members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Exhibits leadership skills through active participation in unit- and department-level nursing councils and committees
- Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive info including, but not limited to, the patients, staff and health system
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient
- NYS licensed registered nurse required
- Current BLS certification.
- SGNA certification preferred
- Telemetry certified or Basic coronary care course within 6 mo required
- Moderate Sedation competency within 3 months for procedure room.
- Current ACLS certification for APU, Recovery, and procedure room
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
- BSN preferred or achieved within 5 years of hire.
- Minimum of two (2) years of medical/surgical experience required
- Cardiac monitoring preferred
- Critical care preferred
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website