- To provide, promote, and maintain quality patient care during diagnostic and therapeutic imaging procedures through education, standards of practice, professional growth and collaboration with other multidisciplinary health care providers.
- Radiology nursing roles include but are not limited to patient advocate, care coordinator, caregiver, role model, educator, consultant/resource person, communication liaison, manager/administrator, and researcher.
Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrates skill in clinical assessments and procedures, i.e. IV starts, sterile procedures.
- Exhibits knowledge of the disease process and its effects on health and wellness.
- Accurately administers medications and IV solutions with attention to interactions, allergies, and physiologic effects.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and exhibits flexibility in decision making and prioritizing assignments.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with ancillary departments within the facility.
- Exhibits leadership skills through ability to take charge after appropriate length of service and experience.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive information including but not limited to patients and staff of the health system.
- Actively supports hospital goals and imperatives and lives the CARES values at all times.
- Required – New York State Registered Nurse License.
- ACLS or will recertify within six months of employment.
- Telemetry certified.
- Required – Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Preferred – BSN.
- Required – 3 to 5 years med/surg. experience.
- Skilled at venipuncture.
- Preferred – Prior experience in Diagnostic Imaging or Critical Care experience.
Complexity of Duties:
- Responsible for some autonomous decision making in care of emergent and non-emergent Diagnostic Imaging patients.
- Expected to perform medium to complex problem solving.
- Able to prioritize and plan for the unexpected, maintaining confident and calm demeanor.
Supervisory Responsibility/Supervision Received:
- Direct supervision by the Charge Nurse or RN Team Leader
- Errors (i.e. wrong test, wrong patient, wrong label) may result in negative patient outcomes, loss of revenue, breaches in confidentiality and remonstrance by governing bodies.
- Compliance and chart documentation audits are performed monthly.
Contact with Others:
- Patients/residents, patients'/residents' families
- Referring physicians, nurses, hospital personnel
- Imaging technologists and radiologists
- Homecare, Long term care agencies
Working Conditions/Hazards/Equipment and Machinery Used:
- Standard clinic environment
- May be exposed to infectious disease and other disagreeable factors, i.e. vomitus, secretions, etc.
- Electrical and radiant energy hazard present.
- Stands and walks most of the day; at time, bends and works in reaching or strained positions.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website