Full time, days, evenings, nights, weekend rotation.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Providing patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Assist providers in the provision of care to women and newborns.
- Responsible for delegation of care duties to ancillary staff.
- Train new staff. Supervise the OB techs. Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrates skill in fetal monitoring, all aspects of maternal-newborn and gynecologic care.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and exhibits flexibility in decision making and prioritizing assignments. Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with providers, nursing staff, and ancillary departments.
- Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive info including but not limited to the patients, staff and the health system.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient. Lives the CARES values at all times.
- Required: NYS license as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Neonatal Resuscitation required within one year of hire.
- Preferred: Certification in an obstetrical or neonatal specialty
- Required A graduate of an approved school of nursing or having met requirements of the NYS Education Department
- Preferred: BSN, or BSN required within 5 years of hire
- Required: Residency in OB following graduation
- Preferred: One year of medical-surgical or obstetric nursing
Complexity of Duties:
- Able to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team and manage a stressful environment with composure and professionalism.
- Able to work independently and use own judgment in daily management of the unit.
- The ability to deal effectively with a wide range of customers.
- A professional attitude that supports nursing services and hospital administration and reflects a positive working relationship with staff, physicians, and other departments.
- An adaptable approach to a frequently changing environment on the unit, in the hospital, and in the health care field.
- The ability to manage in a creative, organized, self-directed, and goal-oriented manner.
- Supervisory Responsibility/Supervision Received:
- Reports to the Charge Nurse and the Nurse Director of the unit
- Supervises the OB techs
- Demonstrates the CARES Values at all times.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website