Provides customer service ensuring customer reception, insurance verification and referrals, order entry, procedure coordination and scheduling. Ensures maintenance of medial records, chart filling and electronic/computerized documentation. Coordinates schedules with other departments to meet the needs and expectations of the customer. Plays a vital role in assuring the success of the Rehab Departments in their ability to maintain schedules that will be most efficient for the Rehab Clinical teams. Provides timely telephone response in all patient scheduling areas of Rehab utilizing the Paragon Resource Scheduling application. Ensures to obtain a hard copy physician order prior to testing, verifying accuracy and compliance of request with order scanned into Horizon Patient Folder via ILE and maintaining original script in the paper medical record. Patient demographic information is validated prior to patient receiving service. This includes but is not limited to insurance verification, ordering MD, referral/authorization requirements, patient/guarantor addresses. Works closely with Patient Financial Services to assure compliance and maximum reimbursement. Will assist in, and perform diverse tasks required to maintain an efficient and organized office
- Secretarial experience with strong organizational skills required. Medical background is desired.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Medical terminology desired. ICD-10/CPT coding experience strongly desired.
- 2 to 3 years of previous secretary/clerical medical office experience desired.
- 2 to 3 years healthcare services scheduling experience preferred.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website