At Thompson, you will be heard, seen, and supported. It feels good to know that you are valued and that you reaching your highest potential helps us reach ours. Apply today and experience the Thompson difference.
20 hours per week, days
- Lives the cares values at all times.
- The Diagnostic Medical Sonography professional is an individual qualified by professional credentialing and academic and clinical experience to provide diagnostic patient care services using ultrasound and related diagnostic procedures.
- Actively supports the mission, goals, and objective of the health system.
Required Job Specific Competencies:
- The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer performs patient assessments, acquires and analyzes data obtained using ultrasound and related diagnostic technologies, provides a summary of findings to the physician to aid in patient diagnosis and management and uses independent judgment and systematic problem-solving methods to produce high-quality diagnostic information and optimize patient care.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and exhibits flexibility in decision-making and prioritizing assignments.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop & maintain collaborative working relationships with all team members & medical staff.
- Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive info including not limited to the patients, staff and the health system.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the lifespan and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret each patient's requirements relative to age-specific needs and to the care of the patient.
- Demonstrates computer knowledge and skills including but not limited to the various EMR modules and the PACS system.
- Actively supports hospital goals and imperatives and lives the CARES values at all times.
- Completion of an accredited ultrasound program or registered with equivalent ultrasound experience.
- Valid ARDMS Registry in Ultrasound, breast registry preferred
- Maintains professional credentials specifically related to sonography and participates in continuing education activities through professional societies and organizations.
- BS degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography required
- Basic CPR training required, or to be completed within three months of hire
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website