The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer performs patient assessments, acquires and analyzes data obtained using ultrasound and related diagnostic technologies, provides a summary of findings to the physician to aid in patient diagnosis and management and uses independent judgment and systematic problem solving methods to produce high quality diagnostic information and optimize patient care.
• Demonstrates the ability to work independently and exhibits flexibility in decision making and prioritizing assignments.
• Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with all team members and medical staff.
• Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive information including but not limited to the patients, staff and the health system.
• Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret each patient's requirements relative to age-specific needs and to the care of the patient.
• Demonstrates computer knowledge and skills including but not limited to the various EMR modules and the PACS system.
• Actively supports hospital goals and imperatives and lives the CARES values at all times.
• Completion of an accredited ultrasound program or registered with equivalent ultrasound experience.
• BS degree in Diagnostic Ultrasound preferred.
• Maintains professional credentials specifically related to sonography and participates in continuing education activities through professional societies and organizations.
• Registry to be obtained within 2 years of graduation per ACR requirements to maintain ACR accreditation for UR Medicine Thompson Health.
• Preferred: Registered in at least one specialty, RDMS/RVT and one-year experience. Previous experience in health care setting required.
• Basic CPR training required or to be completed within 3 months of hire.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Apply on company website