At Thompson, you are heard. You're respected. You're celebrated. You're provided with opportunities to advance. We are the premier healthcare provider in the beautiful Finger Lakes region. We have received Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center consistently since 2004. Explore the Thompson difference and apply today. Part Time, Sat/Sun 7am - 7 pm (24 hours per week)
- To directly assist, within the sterile operative field, the Surgeon & First Assistant during surgery by assuring that a sterile environment is maintained & all necessary surgical instruments/supplies are readily available to the surgeons.
- Skill and knowledge of sterile technique, surgical instruments and surgical procedures are required.
- The ability to develop & maintain collaborative working relationships with members of the surgical team is needed.
- Actively guards confidentiality of sensitive info. including but not limited to the patients, staff & the health system.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient
- Assures a safe and efficient environment is provided for the surgical patient by preparing for each assigned case
- Is an active member of the surgical team
- Assures overall efficiency of department by effectively clearing Operating Room following the case
- Assures an optimal perioperative environment to meet the needs of the patient ·Provides appropriate and quality care based on the results of current nursing research and quality improvement monitoring results.
Requirements Qualifications & Education:
- Surgical Technologist Certification through the NY State Department of Education.
- OR NYS Licensed Practical Nurse Degree
- Previous experience as a surgical scrub tech preferred.
- Knowledge of sterility preferred
Pay Range: $23.00 - $31.00
Starting Pay: Based on Experience
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Apply on company website