The Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment management and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The Property Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing a commercial building – from operations and financial activities to managing important relationships with our tenants, property owners and vendors. The Property Manager will oversee tenant improvements and service contracts, supervise the completion of property inspections and work with ownership to implement any recommended developments.
It is also the responsibility of the Property Manager not only to exhibit legendary customer service when communicating with tenants, prospective tenants, owners, and vendors but also to focus on productivity and results.
- Professionally represent TW while adhering to the terms and conditions of the management agreement.
- Responsible for lease administration.
- Ensure compliance with Property Management Policies and Procedures, codes, regulations, and governmental agency directives.
- Provide management and leadership to property staff, including hiring and performance management.
- Develop comprehensive annual inspection process for properties; complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual inspections as required for a specific asset, TW's best practices, and/or client requirements.
- Develop operating and capital budgets, track variances, oversee the completion of CAM reconciliations, and ensure smooth recovery process.
- Bid, negotiate, and manage conformity with vendor contracts in accordance with TW and the client's procurement contract requirements.
- Maintain interface with third-party owners and accounting team to ensure total contract compliance, including preparation of accurate and timely reporting.
- Coordinate and oversee all tenant and building construction work to ensure timely and accurate completion of all construction work at property on behalf of client.
- Participate in leasing and client team meetings and ensure effective communication between leasing and property management team members in order to achieve client's goals and objectives.
- Provide and foster positive relationships with tenants, external clients, and internal clients.
- Represent and communicate clearly and accurately, in person, over the phone, and in writing the authority of the property manager based on legal agreements in effect and TW policies.
- Coordinate training and development activities for team members.
- Additional duties or projects as assigned by Senior Leadership and the Client/Ownership.
- A bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline.
- State Real Estate license required.
- CPM and/or RPA designations or in progress.
- A minimum 5 years of property management experience, preferably in commercial management.
- Must have intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, and Excel proficiencies.
- Microsoft Outlook, Angus, Accounting Software such as MRI, Yardi or CTI proficiency preferred.
- Strong understanding of financial reports, including variance of actual vs. budget numbers.
- Ability to keep information strictly confidential.
- Strong desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and a continually heavy workload.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Foster a positive working environment for team members.
- Provide leadership and direction for growth and development for team members.
We Are Transwestern!
Transwestern's Guiding Principles are woven into the fabric of our firm and underscore the value of each individual team member. We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion — not only as the right thing to do, but as a reflection of who we are. It is our responsibility and heartfelt desire to create an environment that elevates the human spirit and brings out the best in everyone. Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website