Job DescriptionThe Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment management and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The Tier 2 Technician role is to provide IT support and mentoring to Transwestern team members. This includes but is not limited to installation and administration of software, hardware, and network solutions, and training of team members on effective use of technologies. This role also includes participation in nationwide initiatives designed to leverage technology to improve team member productivity and user experience.
It is the responsibility of the Tier 2 Technician to provide exemplary customer service in all interactions with fellow employees, tenants, owners, and vendors. To many in Transwestern, the IT Ambassador is the face of IT – the one IT resource employees seek out for IT questions and to resolve IT issues.
- Installation and troubleshooting of productivity and corporate software.
- Installation and troubleshooting of hardware (desktops, laptops, network devices, printers).
- Administration and management of mobile devices.
- Assess the needs of team members and suggest solutions that can improve their productivity or end user experience with technology.
- Comply with defined infrastructure standards to improve availability and performance of Transwestern IT infrastructure.
- Learn corporate and productivity applications and provide guidance and training sessions in a group or on an individual basis to Transwestern team members and 3rd party end users.
- Implement processes and procedures for proactive technology management to minimize the need for reactive break/ fix.
- Assist Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 4 support teams with issues that require on-site intervention.
- Contribute to IT knowledge base of solutions to problems or common issues.
- Proactively communicate with team members to detect issues of system performance and availability.
- Interact with vendors and service providers to order hardware and software and resolve service issues.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of services provided to team members or 3rd party end users.
- Manage and/ or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in complex corporate IT environments.
- Hands on experience and successful deployment of desktops, servers, network devices, and other types of network endpoints.
- Hands on experience with endpoint hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Working technical knowledge of corporate network, storage, and endpoint management tools and techniques.
- Excellent hands on knowledge of Office productivity suite, graphics editing software, CRM or contact management tools and applications.
- Competence with infrastructure management tools such as antivirus, patch managers, disk duplication, endpoint imaging and image deployment.
- Ability to conduct research into software and hardware issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks when under pressure.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Adhere to management protocols and procedures.
- Ability to travel within assigned region with occasional cross country travel assignments.
- On-call availability for critical issues 24x7.
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment such as servers and network appliances.
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
Apply on company website