DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
The Access Response Center (ARC) is a state of the art Behavioral Health clinical assessment and patient placement function. The ARC clinical team is composed of Therapists, Social Workers, Counselors and Nurses who provide mental health assessments for patients of all ages located throughout the hospitals of the HCA who may benefit from inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care. The wide variety of patient types that our clinical team assesses creates a dynamic and compelling experience for its professional staff. Further, the unique application of telehealth as the means through which assessments are conducted offer our team an experience with one of the most exciting advancements to contemporary clinical care. The ARC serves as a way to clinically assess and subsequently place patients into appropriate levels of care across multiple facilities using the innovation of telehealth. Professionals seeking an opportunity to apply their clinical assessment or patient placement skills within an environment that appreciates the emerging use of telehealth should find their work within the ARC a career choice that is fulfilling and rewarding.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family's needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, and tuition reimbursement programs.
Are you intrigued? We eagerly await your inquiries!
ARC RN Care Facilitator
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The ARC RN Care Facilitator, under the supervision of the Division ARC Manager and Director of Access and Response Center (ARC), provides nursing support to the ARC by reviewing the medical and behavioral health needs of patients who are presenting for services through the ARC Program; reviewing the medical presentation of patients referred for inpatient services by internal and external customers for behavioral health unit capability; interacting with admitting providers to facilitate admission orders; and interfacing with third-party payers when appropriate.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Able to assess and reassess needs of patients through verbal discussions with referring staff, as well as by evaluating medical/behavioral records
- Reviews referrals for inpatient behavioral health treatment from internal and external customers for medical and behavioral appropriateness
- Coordinates and participates with appropriate interested parties and physicians through the patient referral inquiry and admission process
- Interacts with admitting behavioral health providers to share clinical information about referred patients and takes admitting orders by telephone as indicated
- Interacts with third-party payers to coordinate admissions or transfers as needed
- Functions as liaison to behavioral health units to remain abreast of facility (and/or unit) specific acuity; staffing and bed capacity status
- Serves as the point of contact, via phone or meeting, for each of the behavioral health units
- Serves as the ARC internal expert regarding the medical needs of behavioral health patients, and is readily available for consultation with ARC clinicians/colleagues and facility staff when needed
- Completes behavioral health assessment with patients in timely manner through the use of telemental health technology
- Maintains expert knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to job function(s)
- Demonstrates ability to set priorities
- Demonstrates good judgement in handling situations not covered by verbal or written instructions
- Follows established policy and procedures in performing job functions
- Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment
- Channels concerns appropriately
- Provides input, suggestions and support appropriately
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices
- Ensures patient rights and confidentiality
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director or Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possess a thorough knowledge of current behavioral health concepts, principles and methods of treatment
- Possess good communication skills verbal and written
- Possess good organization skills and be able to act on multiple tasks
- Ability to follow established policy and procedures when performing job functions
- Able to use multiple means of technology to complete job functions
- Understand and be able to train on the state and federal standards regarding behavioral health assessment, petition, medical screening and patient rights
- Associates's Degree in Nursing with experience as outlined below
- Minimum of 3 years in a behavioral healthcare setting performing assessments
- Must hold and maintain current licensure as a RN license
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website