DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
UCF Lake Nona Medical Center is located in the southern Orlando suburb of Lake Nona, which is known as Medical City. UCFLNMC is a partnership facility owned by HCA Healthcare and the University of Central Florida College of Medicine. It will be the first teaching hospital in Central Florida. Construction began in October 2018. Slated to open in late 2020, the 204,079-square-foot, 64-bed facility is expected to create more than 300 jobs when it opens late next year.
UCFLNMC will be located immediately adjacent to the UCF College of Medicine. It will be just minutes from the Orlando International Airport and will be easily accessible from major roads including Florida's Turnpike, State Road 417 and the East-West Expressway.
Planned Core Services: General Surgery, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Emergency Services, Pathology, Radiology and Anesthesia
Planned Specialty Services: Cardiology, Oncology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Critical Care/Pulmonary, Infectious Disease, Rheumatology, Orthopedic Surgery and Urology
Director of Critical Care
Position Summary: Provides leadership and directs functions of assigned patient care area on a 24 hour basis; ensures effective delivery of clinical patient care and compliance with administrative and clinical policies and procedures. You are expected to smile! Additional responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Provides leadership and demonstrates responsibility and accountability for the delivery of safe, quality, patient care for assigned departments on a 24 hour basis. Ensures department's standard of nursing practice, nursing policies and procedures meet legal, and all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
- Directs the continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care.
- Develops and implements effective, ongoing programs to measure, monitor, assesses and to improve quality of nursing care delivered to patients. Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting core measure, patient safety, and service excellence goals in assigned units.
- Ensures the effective coordination of the patient's care with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
- Ensures provision of quality care and services by maintaining appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
- Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Ensures patient communication and explanation of care is provided in a way that can be easily understood by patients and their families. Ensures patient family is informed of patient status.
- Fosters effective departmental communication and collaboration with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Oversees effective discharge planning through coordination with physicians and case management. Ensures staff provides appropriate discharge instructions, information, explanation, and referral to appropriate community resources.
- Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs.
- Develops, implements and monitors performance improvement plans to ensure compliance and address performance improvement opportunities.
- Ensures patient care is provided in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and regulatory, recognized professional, quality, patient safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or anticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Acknowledge patients appropriately. Introduces self and others. Explains purpose of visit/care and communicates anticipated duration to enhance patient experience. Uses key words at key times.
- Actively supports facility community efforts, and represents the hospital in the community through participation in community organizations, agencies, speaker bureaus etc.
- Demonstrates and ensures patient connection utilizing "sit, touch and talk" as appropriate. Ensures staff communicates and interacts with patients, families, physicians and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Ensures unit is actively engaged in responding promptly to patient needs and call lights as appropriate.
- Fosters positive first impression by ensuring all work areas are organized, clean and project a professional appearance
- Models, fosters and drives a patient focused culture through ensuring service excellence "must haves" are practiced and hardwired within assigned areas.
- Promotes a professional image and acts as an ambassador inside and outside the organization. Takes ownership and demonstrates service excellence principles in all interactions with the patient, physician and others. Ensures patient's safety, dignity and privacy at all times.
- Supports physicians' need to operate in multiple work environments; proactively provides assistance within scope of practice in ensuring physician can easily access and utilize services.
Bachelor's degree required.
3-5 years of experience in clinical leadership.
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Student loan repayment
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website