Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Department: 377630 -MRI
Shift: 1.00FTE- Full Time - evenings
We're hiring for a MRI Technologist to work on our main Hyde Park campus.
Performing Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) exams on outpatient, inpatient and pediatric patientsyou will assist the MRI Imaging Center Leader in maintaining continuity in the day-to-day operations of imaging facilities located in the DCAM, Comer, CCD and Mitchell Hospitals. Act as a content expert to other technologists/students for the purpose of teaching and instructing them in MR scanning (including, but not limited to exams under the general categories of neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, abdominal, breast, pediatric, cardiac, and MR guided procedural scans. Review all MRI patient safety information prior to exam and screens all patients so exams are performed in a safe manner. you will review all MRI requisitions for clinical information before presentation to radiologist for proper imaging protocol. Inspect images for quality, formatting and labeling before submitting to the Radiologist for interpretation Perform imaging protocols under directions of Radiologist. Regularly attend department meetings and discuss opportunities for improving procedures and quality of exams and patient throughput. Cross coverage of imaging team leader in their absence
- Formal training in MR scanning and possesses the ability to apply knowledge of physics and system hardware and software to problem solve to obtain the highest quality images possible
- Competency perform high quality MR exams and to educate all technologists in the use of MRI equipment
- Possess progressively advanced imaging experience as a MRI technologist
- Proficient with the following applications: MRA, Peripheral, post processing workstation, Cardiac, Pediatric, Neuroradiology, abdominal, musculoskeletal, thoracic, procedural, and breast imaging
- Resource person for technical operations in the MRI Department
- Knowledge of PACS, EPIC and Radiant
- Current registry by ARRT (MR) (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)
- Advance certification (MR) with either certification board. (If not certified at hire then must meet ARRT within one year of date of hire.
- Licensure by the State of Illinois (IDNS)
- CPR and BLS training required
Apply on company website