Registration & Insurance Specialist
Location: Darien, IL
Registration & Insurance Specialist – Job Summary
Under general direction, this position is responsible for maintaining close relations with insurance and managed care companies to ensure continued coverage through each patient's experience. Significant interaction with managed care companies and physicians is required. This position is also responsible for performing complex registration, billing and discharge operations for specific accounts.
- Contacts insurance and managed care companies and obtains pre-certifications for various medical imaging and other procedures.
- Works closely with insurance and managed care companies to ensure continued authorization within established coverage limitations.
- Acts as liaison between insurance companies and physicians to obtain approvals and authorizations in a timely manner.
- Performs complex registration, billing and discharge functions for Medlab and Transplant Lab accounts.
- Creates various admitting, re-verification and other reports.
- Contacts patients to verify data, communicate insurance coverage denials and explain costs and collection information and procedures.
- Assists with general outpatient registration and clerical functions.
- Keeps abreast of the rules and regulations of third party payers.
- Performs related duties as required.
Registration & Insurance Specialist - Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of related insurance experience and two years of patient account experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Strong communication, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize workload and make decisions effectively.
- Previous experience with hospital information systems strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website