Location: Burr Ridge
Join one of the nation's most comprehensive academic medical centers, UChicago Medicine. The Budget Operations Department currently seeks a Sr. Accountant that will be responsible for independently preparing financial reports, reconciliations, and audit work papers, and for reviewing accounting policies and procedures.
Sr. Accountant – Essential Job Functions
- Independently prepares and analyzes monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc financial statements ensuring the integrity and accuracy of financial data in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepares monthly or ad hoc reconciliations with medium to high degree of difficulty.
- Investigates and resolves problems relating to monthly and ad hoc reconciliations.
- Conducts periodic review of current operating and accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares annual or ad hoc audit work papers as needed.
- Reviews Staff Accountants' audit work papers as needed.
- Plans and coordinates the annual audit of financial records and systems as needed.
- Assists as needed in the coordination and oversight of Staff Accountant activities including training, review of projects and reconciliations, and guidance in researching and investigating accounting problems relating to projects and/or reconciliations.
- Assists the Associate Controller, Financial Reporting in developing realistic operating goals and budgets for the associated areas of responsibility.
- Remains current on changes to accounting guidelines.
- Acknowledges and supports Medical Center defined goals and approach to patient care; attends regular training sessions and management classes to improve patient and customer communications.
- Performs other duties as requested by senior management.
Sr. Accountant IV – Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting required.
- A CPA is required.
- Minimum of four to five years accounting experience required, preferably in a large hospital environment or complex organizational setting.
- High level of analytical ability.
- Must be able to handle multiple priority projects simultaneously and efficiently.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong PC skills.
- Experience with GEAC (formerly Dun & Bradstreet) general ledger system preferable, or comparable accounting software.
- Prior experience in a health care industry setting is strongly preferred.
- Experience preparing finacial statements, preforming financial analysis, and researching variances strongly preferred.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website