As a DC Operations Manager you will be responsible for leading an efficient, productive and safe department, while meeting or exceeding daily production requirements. Ensure good work attitudes, atmosphere and communication to maximize productivity. Take an active partnership in all aspects of an employee's career with ULTA, including but not limited to, selection, training, development, discipline and performance appraisals.
Use your skills, experience & talents to be part of something BEAUTIFUL! As a DC Operations Manager you will perform the following essential functions…
- Leads a team of employees in a technical, fast paced, deadline driven environment that emphasizes process automation.
- Contributes to the business by adhering to best practices and seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement and driving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Takes an active role in DC improvement projects and the change management process.
- Spends majority of work day on DC floor to provide visible leadership and drive a motivated, positive, productive work force to ensure safety and quality standards are met.
- Identifies, coaches and develops team members through training, performance reviews, coaching, support and delegation as appropriate for their development level.
- Daily, weekly and monthly preparation and planning to identify and prioritize action steps, set timelines, identify and allocates resources necessary to accomplish departmental objectives.
- Manages employee performance and provides feedback. Takes timely action to improve performance.
- Establishes an environment that is conducive to collaboration and team work, promotes positive employee relations, and takes steps to prevent or diffuse conflicts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully execute initiatives with minimal guidance and accomplish stated goals.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience in a high volume automated distribution environment. Retail distribution experience is a plus.
- Broad working knowledge of DC processes and operations. Thorough knowledge of RF Scanner and WMS systems functionality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to train, develop and provide direction to staff.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a leadership team.
- Demonstrated leadership decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to build relationships at various levels and influence decisions.
- Experience with conveyors, sortation systems, light directed technology, carousels is preferred.
- Experience with SAP and heavy piece pick volume preferred.
- Work additional hours and/or days as needed, particularly during high volume periods, to ensure that departmental objectives are accomplished.
- Ability to work any shift and/or department as required.
- Significant walking, bending, standing.
- Climbing stairs.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
Apply on company website