Experience something categorically different. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, a thriving digital ecosystem and a growth trajectory that's put Wall Street on notice, Ulta Beauty provides dynamic challenges for those who want to apply their financial acumen to ever-increasing levels of complexity. Professional ownership. Diverse and ever-evolving projects. Greater levels of impact. The ability to influence decisions and organizational direction. It's all part of the daily experience of our Finance & Accounting associates.
If you want a collaborative environment where continual learning, career self-determination and trust are prioritized, where an engaged leadership provides deep levels of support and guidance, Ulta Beauty is uniquely positioned to deliver greater levels of career satisfaction. Are you up for the challenge?
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE
The Sourcing Associate role is an exciting way to jumpstart your strategic sourcing and procurement career in the world of beauty. You will have the opportunity to learn the many functions of an Indirect Strategic Sourcing Department, deepen your sourcing and procurement skills, build valuable relationships, and make an impact for the organization.
In this role, you'll support various sourcing projects in the supply chain and transportation categories. This includes sourcing projects, price/contract coordination, financial analysis, and basic project management. All with a goal of driving savings and creating meaningful value for Ulta. This position reports to a Strategic Sourcing Category Manager, Procurement.
Overall, the role requires strong organization, frequent and clear communication, problem-solving skills, the desire to build positive working relationships, and a drive to achieve positive results across a variety of projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support multiple sourcing projects, primarily in the supply chain and transportation category. Common projects include - strategic sourcing events (RFPs), transportation modeling, price negotiations, contract negotiations (with support from Legal Services), data entry.
- Identify and deliver value for Ulta (savings, avoidance, risk reduction, diversity, sustainability and more)
- Adhere to Ulta's sourcing expectations and use our tools
- Learn and leverage basic project management skills to execute projects with internal stakeholders
- Build positive working relationships with internal stakeholders
ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Comfortable solving unique problems, asking questions, and continually learning
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, determining work steps based upon management direction and Ulta tools/templates
- Strong organization and process improvement skills
- Excellent written and oral communicator, including leadership presentation skills
- Competent data analysis abilities
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel, Word, and Teams; ability to learn procurement-specific software applications on the job
- Preferred basic knowledge of transportation and logistics
- Familiarity with sourcing processes, terminology, contract negotiations, and other procurement best practices preferred, but will also be taught on the job
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and/or related business experience
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ulta “FlexWork” – three (3) days in office per month, with the remainder remote
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
Apply on company website