Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – where we believe The Possibilities Are Beautiful™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Senior Consumer Insights Analyst is an integral part of the Consumer Insights team that informs critical business decisions at Ulta Beauty. This role will support cross-functional strategic initiatives to help define Ulta Beauty's growth opportunities.
Under the direction of the Consumer Insights Manager, this role is responsible for end-to-end qualitative and quantitative consumer insights projects including methodology design, sample planning, questionnaire development, programming surveys, interviewing customers, interpreting/analyzing data, formulating reports that drive action and presenting relevant recommendations to business partners.
In addition to conducting primary research, the Senior Consumer Insights Analyst will also draw from various other information sources, such as existing research, syndicated reports, social listening, competitive intelligence, and other internal resources to develop insights that provide competitive advantages to Ulta Beauty.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the Consumer Insights Manager, determining and designing the right study methodology whether it is qualitative or quantitative research
- Assisting the Consumer Insights Manager in managing large scale third-party research projects, including reviewing contracts and pricing, advising on methodologies, sample requirements, providing feedback on instrument development (i.e., questionnaire, interview guide, etc.), adhering to study timing, data execution, and reporting
- Developing a strong partnership with internal partners across Ulta Beauty to have a consistent pulse on the business and consult on key business goals
- Preparing and presenting results to business clients with an orientation toward actions and decision making
- Providing recommendations and documenting action taken on the insights and resulting impact
- Programming surveys into Ulta Beauty's survey platform and coordinating with the cross-functional team responsible for creating and sending targeted emails
- Providing the analytical support for external data sourced from partners
- Conducting qualitative interviews with customers
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelors in business, marketing or related field
- 2+ years of direct experience in Consumer Insights and/or an advanced degree in Consumer Insights/Market Research
- Experience in understanding and conducting both quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Capable of managing project schedules and deadlines that run simultaneously
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities
- Familiar with or able to quickly learn survey tool software
- Expertise with SPSS or QResearch, with the ability to run statistical tests independently
- Expertise with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
PREFERRED OR SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Retail and/or beauty industry experience is a plus
- Knowledge of innovation and life cycle development research a plus
- Outstanding data visualization skills
- Must be able to see the “big picture” and be able to relate findings across different studies
- Strong sense of curiosity and story telling
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Must be able to work with ambiguity, as well as work independently
- Willingness to learn and be coached
Apply on company website