Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability—and is recognized that way. We've been defined as a “mature start-up.” A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We're engineering for the future of retail, and it's no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you'll find that virtually nothing's impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Senior IT Engineer - Network will be primarily responsible for configuring, managing, implementing and supporting the LAN, WAN, and WLAN networks for UTLA's corporate, distribution, and retail store business. Additional responsibilities include developing technology standards and procedures, collaborating on architectural direction, and assisting Sr. level engineers with designing solutions that meet the needs of a rapidly evolving business.
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Project Management: Defines, documents and carries out small projects. Carries out project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and documents activities against the project schedule, liaising with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Systems Integration: Designs and builds integration components and interfaces. Leads practical integration work under the technical direction of the system /service designer. Contributes to the overall design of the service and assesses the technical criteria for product or component selection.
- Business Process Improvement: Analyzes business processes; identifies alternative solutions, documents feasibility, and recommends new approaches. Contributes to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in the change program. Helps establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the business process.
- Capacity Planning: Develops and maintains standards and procedures for service component capacity management. Pro-actively reviews information in conjunction with service level agreements to identify any capacity issues and specifies any required changes.
- Customer Service Support: Liaises as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support. Contributes to creation of support documentation.
- Create technical documentation, implement, and support ULTA's enterprise network and voice environments.
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs and WLANs including routers, switches, firewalls, and other network related hardware
- Work closely with the business and IT to develop high performing, efficient, cost effective, and operationally supportable solutions that meet the business' complex requirements.
- Ensure operations of enterprise-level network hardware and data communications systems by minimizing system downtime and maximizing system performance.
- Work to identify opportunities for network performance and functionality improvement within the environment.
- Works closely with peer ULTA IT, security, operations and business teams to deliver infrastructure services to support Enterprise applications (e.g. SAP, JDA, HANA, Manhattan) throughout the company.
- Interface with internal/external customers and vendors to determine system and application requirements.
- Collaborate with other members of the Engineering organization to create and maintain standards and operating procedures, and provide information as appropriate to manager, project manager, and various departments within the Company.
- Assist in the development and implementation efforts to bring automation into the environment.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 3+ years' experience in routing, core switching, Firewalls, VLAN, VPN, WLAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, monitoring tools, network topologies and Cisco network components
- 3+ years' experience in F5 BigIP load balancing
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Proficient in the following protocols and technologies: EIGRP, OSFP, BGP, MPLS, STP, HSRP, and VPN
- Working knowledge of Network access methods including T1, DS3, OC3, Ethernet, Wireless (WLC and Meraki) and ISDN.
- Knowledge of Unified Communications and Cisco voice products preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) preferred
- DNS/DHCP/IP Address Management tools (Infoblox) preferred
- Scripting skills with Python, Puppet, Ansible or Chef preferred
- Proven experience and ability to manage problem resolutions of complex or intermittent issues in a multi-vendor, integrated enterprise environment
- Experience with network monitoring and performance analysis monitoring tools, and a history of using them for performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Demonstrates poise and professionalism while working under pressure
- Strong communications (written and verbal), customer focus skills required
- Strong team player with proven experience and ability to collaborate internally among teams and externally among application and business units
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Extremely self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of successfully executing projects and process documentation/implementation
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Off-Hours support including periodic (rotational) on-call required
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
Apply on company website