Are you ready to make an impact? Have you been searching for a role where you can make a difference in the lives of students and future generations? If so, keep reading.
Reporting to the Director of the University Career Center, the Assistant Director will cultivate experiential learning opportunities for UT Dallas students and alumni.
Each day, you will have an opportunity to develop impactful programs by creating, cultivating, and managing experiential learning opportunities for UT Dallas students and alumni. You would oversee academic internship development and processing for designated schools and departments, and also assist the Career Education team with teaching internship courses where appropriate. You would supervise a team of three.
Here's what we need from you.
Must be able to travel to off-campus employer sites, attend professional development opportunities and attend networking events. Must possess the willingness and ability to work an unconventional work schedule that includes occasional evenings and weekends to serve our students and employer partners. Must be capable of lifting and pulling 10-15 pounds.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in related field and three years of work experience in a career center or similar environment OR Master's degree in a related field and one year of work experience in a career center or similar environment, preferably within a university setting; knowledge of employment processes (i.e. recruiting/hiring, training, performance management, etc.).
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Counseling, or related field and 2 years of experience working in Career Services or similar environment.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience; student and/or professional staff
- Experience in career development theory, assessment, and experiential educational programs.
- An understanding of recruiting and hiring processes, EEO guidelines, and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations.
- Experience with teaching and curriculum design in a university classroom setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relationship management databases or job applicant tracking systems, such as Handshake, Symplicity, CSO or PeopleAdmin.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position works as part of a team and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where accuracy is important. The Assistant Director is in constant communication with staff and faculty from various on-campus departments and must be able to quickly and completely relay information and apply strong problem-solving skills when needed.
What we have to Offer:
UT Dallas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusiveness. We offer an employee-friendly work environment with a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition Benefits
- Medical insurance – including 100% paid employee medical coverage for full-time employees
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long and short-term disability
- Retirement Plan Options
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
About UT Dallas
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to graduating well-rounded members of the global community whose education has prepared them for rewarding lives and productive careers in a constantly changing world. A diversity of people, ideas and perspectives is crucial to our vision and mission. A charter member of SEA (STEMM Equity Achievement) Change, UT Dallas is a place where members of the community are welcomed, treated fairly, and encouraged to their pursuit of excellence.
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living, and working environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive of all members of the university community. UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its services, programs, activities, employment, and education, including in admission and enrollment. EOE, including disability/veterans. The University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the employment application and interview process, contact the ADA Coordinator. For inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies, contact the Title IX Coordinator.
Apply on company website