The IT Release Manager owns and is responsible for the planning and coordination of all phases and activities in the release of a system or system update through Development, into the Test environment, and then the Production environment. This includes identification of priorities, resource and scheduling conflicts, dependencies and risks that could affect the timing or quality of the release. The scope of systems supported will include both bank customer facing and internal bank user facing. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Traditional Release Methodology:
- Participate in upfront release planning to understand the roadmap, strategy, priority and potential conflicts related to the planned release.
- Plan and maintain a Release Calendar for the in-scope systems, and provide proactive communications and general calendar visibility to engaged parties.
- Coordinate the use of shared Dev, Test and Training environments to avoid code change or database conflicts that may impact or invalidate testing.
- Review release acceptance criteria prior to testing.
- Provide management status updates on release progress.
- Proactively communicate release to Production plans to avoid conflicts.
- Drive Production Readiness or Go / No-Go decisions.
- Announce releases to the affected/interested Valley community.
- DevOps Methodology:
- Ensure that the above responsibilities/tasks are accomplished via automated processes where possible.
- Audit/monitor the automated process to validate results and effectiveness.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Continually work on improving the Release process as applied to traditional, waterfall, Agile and DevOps methodologies.
Apply on company website