Description Position at VON Canada (Nova Scotia)
Employment Status: Casual
Program Name: Home Support
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSGEU
Location: Truro, Colchester County, East Hants NS
Continuing Care Assistant - Home Support Service Provider
Are you passionate about helping people remain healthy and at home for as long as possible? As part of the VON team, you can make a positive impact on the lives of people in your community.
As a Home Support Service Provider, you will work in the community to provide services including personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation, and respite to clients in their own homes.
- Continuing Care Assistant Certification (CCA), Home Support Worker (HSW), Personal Support Worker (PSW), Home Health Provider (HHP) or Home Health Aid (HHA) certification from NS
- PSW, HSW, etc. certification from another province, other relevant certification (IE residential support worker, paramedic) or relevant experience, who are enrolled in or are eligible to complete the Nova Scotia CCA Recognizing Prior Learning (PLAR) Program
- Nurses; retired, non-active licence, who are in good standing with their college or Internationally educated nurses (PLAR may be required
- Students in a nursing or CCA program will also be considered
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle are required
- Current CPR/First Aid required
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong assessment skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to work flexible hours
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check is required upon the start of your employment
- Must be able to wear PPE
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If you apply after the deadline date, your seniority will not entitle you to priority over any applicants who applied before the deadline date. If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Apply on company website