Description Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada Ontario Branch
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Community Support Programs
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings
Union/Bargaining Unit: OPSEU
On Call: No
The Coordinator- Volunteer Recruitment and development is responsible for developing, implementing and carrying our regular evaluations of Volunteer Recruitment plan ensuring that all services are delivered in accordance with VON Vision, mission and values. Coordinator reports to the Manager, Home & Community Care and works collaboratively with all CSS team members.
Develops and implements a Volunteer Recruitment plan with input from the CSS team. Responsible for screening, interviewing, selection and a thorough orientation for all volunteers. In appropriate instances this may be achieved by providing support to coordinators to ensure consistent practice. Represents VON in the community, taking advantage of public speaking and community engagement opportunities for the purpose of recruiting volunteers. Provides ongoing education to staff that coordinate volunteers on the principles of effective volunteer management. Responsible for the organization and implementation of volunteer recognition events, both formal and informal. Maintains statistical data related to volunteer development. Contributes to program planning as it relates to volunteer resources. Review's Volunteer Position Descriptions on an annual basis in conjunction with program staff. Facilitates effective volunteer/staff relations.
- Post-Secondary Degree or College Diploma in a health or social service field with a focus on gerontology preferred.
- Certificate in Volunteer Management
- Minimum 2 years experience managing volunteers
- Excellent skills in MS Office.
- Must have a valid driver's license/access to reliable vehicle and appropriate car insurance.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow direction and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates professional manner and works collaboratively with colleagues, clients, volunteers, families and community partners.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as service requirements dictate.
- Coverage for other CSS programs as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Apply on company website